Friday, February 4, 2011

11 days away...

I love artist's sketchbooks. I always put a good amount of work into my sketchbook covers. My dad's book jacket work may explain some of that instinct but I also feel the outer part of the book is a reflection of what is inside. & if I am going to carry a book around with me for any length of time-I want to love what it looks like.
I have also always loved the work of Joseph Cornell-who happened to live here, in Queens, N.Y.
As a result, I have done my share of J.C. inspired boxes and his work is the motivation for some of my collecting / creating/collage/assemblage. Once, his work even worked it's way into one of my sketchbook covers-pictured here with hearts added.

An interior page spread. Have I mentioned that I love postage stamps ?
Postscript: I tried, in vain, to purchase some lunar New Year stamps yesterday. The local P.O. sold out days ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment